Wednesday, August 3, 2011

not convinced ...


Just a quick note about the market.

The bounce did happen, but so far it's not very convincing.  Not a ton changing in the underlying internals of the market from yesterday to today although a little pressure was let off.

Tomorrow needs to be strong, or I would expect more downside.  If tomorrow is strong then it might be time to get in, but I'll analyze end of day again.  My gut says tomorrow might have upside but it will be mostly from short covering and not true buying.  If the buyers don't come out, then the market will fall again and shorts will buy more positions and it probably will fall hard and fast again.

For full disclosure, I bought some etf's end of day (long), but I don't plan to hold it for more than a day or two UNLESS I see a lot of strength.  So, still no long term holdings planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment